On this page you will find lots of information about the services that are available to help you manage your weight, get in shape and stay healthy.
Click the link below to check you BMI (Body Mass Index) and see if you are at a healthy weight with the free NHS Healthy Weight Calculator.
NHS 12 Week Weight Loss Plan
The free NHS 12 week diet and exercise plan is designed to help you lose weight safely – and keep it off. The plan is designed to help you lose weight at a safe rate of 0.5kg to 1kg (1lb to 2lb) each week by sticking to a daily calorie allowance.
The plan also helps with-
- learning how to make healthier food choices
- get support from an online community
- a weekly progress chart
- exercise plans to help you lose weight
- learning skills to prevent weight regain
If this sounds like something that would be suitable to you or for more information on how to get started click on the link below
One You Leeds
The One You Leeds website (formerly Leeds let’s change) provides a range of healthy living information to improve your health and make health choices, as well as highlight what health living services are available across the city.
You’ll find out more about nutrition, eating habits and how to be more active. Starting with a 1.5 hour Getting Started session – and then classes are for 1 hour, every week for 12 weeks.
Contact One You on 0800 169 4219 to find your local class, or click the link below.
Slimming World offers both friendly group support and online support. They will help you reach your ideal weight – and stay there for life. You will also get help with delicious recipes and menu ideas at your local group and via the online App.
To find your local group or for more information on how to join please visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk
You may be entitled to a Free 12 week Slimming World Course….
We are now able to refer our patients to Slimming World for a free 12 week Weight Management course if it has been identified that your weight is putting your health at risk.
Click here to find out more.
Meetings, Online or a little bit of both. Weight Watchers have help and support, whatever your lifestyle.
Weight Watchers Freestyle is a holistic programme for weight loss and wellness, guiding you to a healthy eating pattern, whether you want to lose weight or just maintain a healthy life style.
Visit weightwatchers.com/uk for more information o how you can join today.
Visit the App Store
The following Apps are also available to download for free from the App Store for all Apple and Android users.
- Easy Meals app Eat healthier versions of foods you love. You’ll find hundreds of delicious, easy meal ideas in this free app
- Change4Life Be Food Smart app The Be Food Smart app will help you see how much sugar, saturated fat and salt is really inside your food and drink.
- Active 10 app A brisk 10 minute walk every day can make a difference to your health. Download the free Active 10 app to measure what you’re doing and how you can do more.
- Couch to 5K app Couch to 5k has been designed to get you off the sofa and running in just 9 weeks. Grab your trainers and follow the step-by-step instructions in this free app.